St Peter’s Rooms
Built in 1852 for Sir Thomas Parkyns, the Infants’ & Girls’ School was dedicated to the memory of his grandmother and parents. It was later known as Ruddington St Peter’s Junior School and was subsequently converted to a community hall in 1976, being officially re-opened to the public as St. Peter’s Rooms on 13th November of that year.
Ruddington Parish Council leases the building from the Parochial Church Council on a peppercorn rental of £100 per annum, with the council meeting all maintenance expenditure; the current lease expires in 2027. The building is classified by English Heritage as Grade 2 Listed.
The Parish Council offices are situated within these rooms and all Parish Council meetings are held there, along with most Parish Council committee meetings. Part of the building is sub-let to the Local History & Amenity Society and contains the Ruddington Village Museum.
The building comprises a Main Hall with newly refurbished wooden floor suitable for dancing, a carpeted Committee Room (also known as the Lounge), a kitchen with serving hatches, male and female toilets plus a toilet for disabled users. Ramped access has also been provided.
Interested in hiring St Peter’s Rooms?
Please visit our Venue Hire section for booking information, terms and conditions of hire and more photos of St Peter’s Rooms and other village facilities.