Places of interest
Did you know?
- The oldest Fish & Chip Shop in the world – pictured right – can be found in the Village Museum at St Peter’s Rooms.
- The award-winning Framework Knitters Museum hosts regular art exhibitions in their Chapel Art Gallery.
- Our local heritage railway, GCRN, offers a packed programme of travel-themed events.
- We have a Human Sundial on The Green – use your body to tell the time!
- In Shaw Street Cemetery, there are the graves of 3 Rorke’s Drift survivors.
- Rushcliffe Country Park has won multiple Green Flag and Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence awards.
In short, you’ll never be short of things to see and do in Ruddington! Explore this section of our website to find out about some of the many places of interest in our village. You’ll find even more information in our Community section.
There are several ways to find out about events and activities in Ruddington, including:
- The Diary and News sections of our website and the latest edition of the Village Newsletter.
- Websites for individual attractions, such as the museums and Rushcliffe Country Park.
- Various noticeboards around the village for details of events, activities and other general information. The Parish Council Notice Board, pictured below, is outside St Peter’s Rooms (opposite the entrance to St. Peter’s Church). There are also notice boards inside St Peter’s Rooms, in the library, in the Co-op and outside the Village Hall.
- Several village shops also display posters advertising local events.
DISCLAIMER: Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, Ruddington Parish Council cannot accept responsibility for any inaccuracies or omissions.