Buggyfit is an outdoor exercise class that’s completely designed with the needs of new mums in mind, allowing you to bring your babies in the pram or buggy. After having a baby, life appears to absorb all your time with “baby activities” and clinic visits.
However, studies show that taking time out for yourself, especially to exercise, is fantastic not only for your fitness levels but for your mental state too, relieving stress, improving stamina and making for a happier mum.
Buggyfit comes with the added bonus of exercising with like-minded women, enabling you to make new friends and benefit from the social fun these classes bring.
Buggyfit classes incorporate cardiovascular and fat-burning exercises with strength training and toning, concentrating on the specific areas that need work after childbirth. The great thing is that this mix produces maximum results for each class member as it not only tones those problem areas but helps to raise the metabolic rate and aid in weight loss too.
The benefits of Buggyfit include:
- Effective and safe postnatal workouts with a postnatal qualified and motivated fitness instructor
- Improved posture and stronger core muscles
- A chance to meet other new mums and benefit from group support
- Babies can come too, so you can lose weight without losing sight of your little one
- Helps relieve stress and post-baby blues
- Exercise in the fresh air, soak up some vitamin D and enjoy the endorphins!
Buggyfit sessions take place in term-time on Wednesdays at 10:30am at Rushcliffe Country Park. We meet in the car park. For more information please visit www.thismummycan.co.uk.