Public transport information
There are lots of sources for public transport information, some of which can help you plan your journey. These include:
- Nottinghamshire County Council’s public transport website
- Traveline, an independent information provider. Visit www.traveline.info or call 0871 200 22 33 (call charges apply)
- Bus and train stations, and bus, train and coach operator travel offices.
- Libraries and tourist information centres.
Save money on public transport
If you use public transport a lot, you can save money by choosing from a range of different ticket types to suit the type and frequency of your travel. Some tickets can be bought on the day, whilst others must be purchased in advance. As well as tickets for use with a single operator (e.g. Nottingham City Transport), you can also buy tickets that can be used with multiple bus and train companies, and on the tram. Please visit individual operator websites and www.robinhoodnetwork.co.uk to find out more.
For information on concessionary travel passes and how to apply, please visit the Nottinghamshire Country Council website.
Buses in Ruddington
We have frequent buses into Nottingham and other services to Clifton, Loughborough and nearby villages.
- Service 3 to Nottingham and Clifton. Operated by Nottingham City Transport.
- Kinchbus 9 between Nottingham and Loughborough. Operated by Trent Barton.
- Service 10 to Nottingham. Operated by Nottingham City Transport.
- Service 863 connects Keyworth with Ruddington via East Leake and several other villages. Operated by Nottinghamshire County Council.
- Local Link L22 & L23 connects Clifton, Silverdale, West Bridgford and Gamston with Ruddington on a circular route. Operated by Nottingham Community Transport.
- Service N48 runs from Nottingham to Ruddington via Silverdale and Clifton on Friday and Saturday nights only. Operated by Nottingham City Transport. SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19
Follow the links above to view or download bus times online. Bus timetables are also available from the library and are displayed on relevant bus stops in the village.
Park & Ride
The Park & Ride facility at Queen’s Drive offers an alternative means of travelling into Nottingham without having to drive into the city centre and find a parking space. The NCT 49 bus serves the Park & Ride and runs regularly Monday to Saturday. You can find out more at the NCT website.
You can also use Queen’s Drive to catch the Medilink bus to the Queen’s Medical Centre or City Hospital. The service is operated by CT4N. You can view or download the timetable at their website or read more about the service at the Nottingham University Hospitals website.
There is a free Community Bus funded by the Parish Council which operates in the village on Wednesdays. This very popular service is run with the help of volunteer drivers and escorts who supervise the bus on its weekly run. Contact the Parish Council for further details, or if you’d like to volunteer to help with this valuable service.
Ruddington doesn’t have its own tram stop. The nearest stop is Ruddington Lane in Wilford, which is around a mile from the village centre. There are also several stops in Clifton. The NCT 3 bus goes past the Ruddington Lane stop and both the NCT 3 and the L22/23 go past some of the Clifton stops, so it’s fairly easy to connect with the tram. You can find timetables and route details at the NET website.
There are three train stations in the local area.
- Nottingham Station is on Carrington Street. The number 3 and number 10 bus, and the Kinchbus 9, all stop outside.
- East Midlands Parkway Station is on the A453 near to Ratcliffe on Soar Power Station. It has a large car park and is close to both the M1 and East Midlands Airport.
- Loughborough Station is on the A60 on the way into Loughborough. The Kinchbus 9 will drop you nearby.
The official source of UK train times and timetables is www.nationalrail.co.uk, or you can call National Rail Enquiries on 0845 748 4950.
The nearest airport is East Midlands Airport, which is close to the M1 at junctions 23a/24. The airport is about 11 miles from Ruddington. Call 0808 169 7032 for general enquiries or visit www.eastmidlandsairport.com for flight information.