Cheryl-Ann Perkins has recently been co-opted to the Parish Council and now represents Manor Ward. Together with our other new councillors, we’d like to welcome Cheryl-Ann on board.
“I’m 37 and originally from sunny South Africa,” says Cheryl-Ann. “I’ve lived in Ruddington since 2014, where I’ve finally found home after living in various places across the UK. Ruddington has truly stolen my heart!
“I’m a single lady with no kids except my two cats, Harvey and Minka, who are my very own version of furbabies.
“I love being outdoors the most, and you’ll often find me in the garden or trying desperately to tidy up and grow veggies on the allotment.”
Adds Cheryl-Ann: “I’m passionate about numerous issues affecting our village, including:
- The environment and how we can improve our green credentials
- The future of the village and how we can stay true to what Ruddington really is
- How we can make Ruddington High Street a hive of the community and activity
- How we can make a broader appeal to all residents in the village
- Parking and facilities that are of value to fellow residents.”
You can contact Cheryl-Ann via the Parish Council Office or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are still some vacancies on the Parish Council. If you’re interested in getting involved, please contact the Parish Clerk, Claire Dorans, to find out more about the role.