In the last few weeks, there have been quite a few changes on the High Street and elsewhere in Ruddington. Here’s a round-up of some of them (note that this may not be an exhaustive list!)
Openings, reopenings and relocations
- The demolition of Kempson Court, just off High Street, has caused the loss of 8 retail units. However, some of the tenants have already relocated with Ruddington, or plan to. National Car Finder is moving to Easthorpe Street, whilst Artisan Hair & Beauty has taken over 13 High Street. Meanwhile, The Treatment Room will be merging with Beauty by Lauren and setting up in the new shopping mall off High Street. Unfortunately, some of the other tenants have had to leave the village.
- The Honeycomb has become the first of Ruddington’s three charity shops to reopen its doors after lockdown. The new opening hours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 10am to 2pm and Wednesday 10am to 12:30pm.
- A Sainsbury’s “To Go” store has opened inside the Esso petrol station on Loughborough Road. This is a new retail format for Sainsbury’s which focuses on takeaway food and picking up a meal for the evening.
- Ruddington Library on Church Street is now open, but with reduced hours. You can call in between 10am and 1pm on Tuesdays and 1pm and 4pm on Fridays.
We wish all our new, reopening and relocating traders the best of luck.
- Ruddington Village Butchers finally closed its doors on Saturday 29th After months of uncertainty, the lease on the premises has expired and the owners now have a new tenant (another butcher).
- Dizzy Rascalz, a soft play centre on Brookside Road, has sadly decided not to reopen. This is due to the pressures of lockdown and new, stricter operating guidelines which the owners feel are untenable.
- The Nottingham on High Street will close on Monday 30th November when the branch merges with the West Bridgford outlet, located at 30 Central Avenue.
Thank you to those closed or closing businesses for serving our village over the years.
When visiting any of our local traders, please follow their social distancing guidelines and maintain a 2m distance, where possible.
With thanks to RUDDINGTON.info