Ruddington’s Methodist Church was packed on the morning of Sunday 11th June for Revd. Nichola Jones’ last service here. Next month, she leaves Nottingham to start a new ministry in Cornwall and will be greatly missed.
Along with celebrating Nichola’s time here, members and friends joined together to mark the 150th anniversary of the church. It was built by the framework knitters in 1873 when their numbers had outgrown the first Primitive Methodist Chapel in Chapel Street, now part of the Framework Knitters Museum.
Cakes galore (including a specially commissioned anniversary cake), a balloon, and an anniversary bookmark all contributed to a very special event. Nichola was also presented with a gift from members and friends of the church in a day of mixed emotions.