At a meeting of the Parish Council on 8th September 2015 the councillors present voted 10 – 1 to support the recommendations of the Estates Working Group. The decision followed a consultation exercise with over 1,000 responses.
The returns from the consultation showed that for Option 1 there was a very small number (3) more ‘Acceptable’ responses than ‘Not Acceptable’. All of the other options had at least 121 more responses of ‘Not Acceptable’ than ‘Acceptable’ and at least 112 less ‘Acceptable’ responses than Option 1.
Option 1 is, then, clearly the most acceptable of the options put forward and it has the most support by a clear margin.
The recommendations agreed were:
- The agreed objectives are to: 1. Provide a new, larger public open space on land north of Packman Dyke, and 2. Build a new Village Hall on land north of Packman Dyke. This would mean the sale of Sellors Playing Field and the Village Hall.
- Estates Working Group to move the negotiations forward with Bloors to establish a price and conditions for the sale of Sellors Playing Field. The final sale to be approved by Parish Council.
- Estates Working Group shall investigate ways of acknowledging the Sellors legacy.
- Estates Working Group shall consider ways of providing play facilities for children under 10 years old near to the existing Sellors Play Area.
- Estates Working Group is given authority to progress this project and commit expenditure up to £10k per item from the Major Projects Earmarked Fund where it is considered necessary. Expenditure to be reported back to the next meeting of Parish Council.