Do you remember receiving your RVP booklet last summer with the results of the 2015 questionnaire and the resulting consultation in 2016?
Members of the RVP Steering Group used the results to gather together the community’s opinions and aspirations. The Village Plan is the culmination of their discussions.
You might be thinking: “What’s been going on since then?” You’ll be glad to hear we’ve made quite a lot of progress!
The members of the RVP Steering Group have been meeting monthly. We’re also making regular contact with Parish, Borough and County Councillors, whose input, advice and involvement is crucial to the Plan’s success.
Some of the more ambitious aspirations will take years to come to full fruition. Many depend on the involvement and cooperation of other local organisations; others are shorter term and can be achieved relatively quickly.
- Adult Education “taster” sessions, once the library has reopened. Likely topics include “Getting to grips with your iPad”, Photography, Local History and Researching your Family Tree.
- Updating the existing (but very old) Village Trail to include buildings and sites of historical interest displayed on information boards and leaflets.
- Investigating the sociable and accessible game of petanque (a form of outdoor bowls/boules) to be played on a suitably landscaped area of the Village Green; “Garden on the Green”.
- Convening a meeting with the County Council Highways department to discuss and make progress on a range of pressing issues affecting Ruddington.
- Tackling concerns about derelict buildings
- Working closely with the Neighbourhood Plan Project Team regarding housing developments, Green Belt and future proposals.
Hopefully, this has given you an insight into the RVP’s work. Look for more updates and progress reports in future newsletters.
If you no longer have your copy of the plan or have moved to the village recently, you can find more information and a copy of the plan at www.ruddingtonvillageplan.org.uk.
Gavin Walker, Chair of the RVP Steering Group