How well do you know your village?
Try our annual summer fun quiz to find out.
1. What is the name of the bench that can be found half way down Flawforth Lane?
2. What nationality was well-known Ruddington benefactor Philo Mills?
3. What kind of distillery used to exist on Distillery Street?
4. What was the original name of the current St. Peter’s Church?
5. The Red Lion pub wasn’t always on Easthorpe Street. Where was it originally?
6. Which business used to occupy the new dental surgery on Wilford Road? 7. How many names appear on Ruddington’s War Memorial on Church Street?
8. Where in the village would you find a labyrinth, a ladybird walk and a giant dragonfly?
9. Who officially opened the extended Ruddington Medical Centre in May 2011?
10. Ruddington boasts two hardware stores. What are their names?
(Competition researched by Faye Stenson)