This area is not straight forward and a number of different organisations are responsible for different parts of the concerns that are normally raised. Some of the most commonly raised issues are covered below:
- Nottinghamshire County Council (NCC) is responsible for deciding on the parking restrictions. The most frequent request is about the parking restrictions outside Sainsbury’s on Wilford Road (Dutton’s Hill). NCC has been asked a number of times to change these. The response has always been that the restrictions slow down the traffic during the day – which is something that is desirable on traffic safety grounds.
- Rushcliffe Borough Council is responsible for the enforcement of parking restrictions, although the actual work is carried out on their behalf by Broxtowe Borough Council. The Parish Council are pressing, and continue to press, for more wardens – particularly at peak times.
- Loading and unloading is allowed on double yellow lines.
- If the parking is ‘dangerous’ then the Police can take action – but they have specific criteria before they can take action.
- Lorries cutting through the Village are a matter for NCC. If the lorries are using a direct route e.g. going to the Pasture Lane site then they are allowed to take that route even if there are restrictions.