A brief overview of Parish Council activities over the last year.
- Set a budget with an increase in precept of only 2% (just below the expected rate of inflation) despite a loss of £15,900 in ‘transition grant’ from Rushcliffe Borough Council which represents 5.7% drop in income.
- Responded to RBC consultation Phase 2 Core Strategy.
- Made a controversial decision to negotiate with Bloors for potential sale of Sellors Playing Field.
- The Estates Working Group continued with work to support the negotiations and prepare for potential changes to the Parish Council’s estate.
- Xmas event. A big success despite the weather.
- Support continued to be given to St Mary’s Group for phase 2 of the play equipment on St. Mary’s Play Area. The Playing Field is now maintained by the Parish Council.
- Park equipment at all parks well maintained and not vandalised.
- Football, cricket and bowls playing areas prepared and maintained to a high standard.
- Village Newsletter – over 1,000 produced every month.
- Website – visits increased.
- Increased use of Social Media (Facebook & Twitter) to supplement Village Newsletter, PC website & notice boards.
- Allotments fully let out.
- Increased lettings at the Village Hall, St. Peter’s Rooms & Jubilee Clubhouse.
- Ruddington Fun – free use
- New fence around play areas on Sellors & Vicarage Lane Playing Fields .
- Community Bus funded by PC, run by volunteers – to bring elderly to & from Village on a Wednesday. Many thanks to volunteers.
- Electricity & water supply put in on Village Green – enabling more events in 2016/17.
- Agreed plans for a Summer Fayre.
- Agreed and worked on a Traffic & Transport Plan.
- Entered into a new 3 year agreement for the supply of gas – prices kept at current levels.
- Twinning activities continued.
- Put pressure on NCT to provide replacement services for Ruddington Connection.
Councillor Allen Wood,
Chairman of the Council.