Rushcliffe Borough Council’s Elections team are now spreading the message on new requirements from this May’s elections onwards, where voters will require photo ID if voting at a polling station.
If you vote at a polling station, you may already have a form of photo ID that is acceptable. You can use any of the following:
- Driving licence (including provisional license)
- Blue badge
- Certain concessionary travel cards
- Identity card with PASS mark (Proof of Age Standards Scheme)
- Biometric Immigration document
- Defence identity card
- Certain national identity cards
For more information on which forms of photo ID will be accepted, please visit http://electoralcommission.org.uk/voterID or call their helpline on 0800 328 0280.
If you don’t already have an accepted form of photo ID, or you’re not sure whether your photo ID still looks like you, you can apply for a free voter ID document, known as a Voter Authority Certificate.
You can apply for this at http://voter-authority-certificate.service.gov.uk.